In the latest version of our app, we have rolled out the Birthday Bonus feature to help you engage with your customers by giving them extra points on their birthday month.
In this article
- What is Birthday Bonus?
- How to setup Birthday Bonus?
- How can my customers fill in their Birthday Month?
- Who is eligible to receive birthday bonus points?
- When will customers receive their birthday bonus points?
What is Birthday Bonus?
Birthday Bonus allows you to award bonus points to your loyalty program members in their birthday month as a gift from you. It gives your customers extra incentive to come back to your store and shop.
How to setup Birthday Bonus?
To set up Birthday Bonus in your store, go to S Loyalty Console > Personalization > Birthday Bonus and add the number of Birthday Bonus that you would like to offer to your members then click Save.
How can my customers fill in their Birthday Month?
After setting up Birthday Bonus in your store, Customers will be able to fill in their Birthday Month after sign in or creating a store account through the loyalty overlay.
You may want to promote your Birthday Bonus offer to your existing members via email marketing with the link http://<YOUR STORE DOMAIN>/?rewardsmgr=birthdaybonus which will prompt your customers to login and fill in their birthday month.
Who is eligible to receive Birthday Bonus?
Members who match all of the following criteria will receive Birthday Bonus:
- Members who have an Active status in your loyalty program i.e. Customers who created their store account and not suspended / excluded / withdrawn from the loyalty program.
- Have at least one qualifying order completed 30 days before the 1st of their birthday month. A qualifying order is an order that has reached the point earning status according to your loyalty program setting and not cancelled/fully refunded.
- With Birthday month filled in on the Loyalty Overlay after signing in.
When will customers receive their birthday bonus points?
Customers will receive their birthday bonus points depending on the time that they filled in their birthday month.
- If members filled in their birthday info before their birthday month, the bonus points will be awarded at the beginning of the month.
- If members filled in their birthday info during their birthday month, the bonus points will be awarded by the end of the month.
You will receive email notification when birthday bonus points are issued to your customers and you can download the list of customers who received the birthday bonus points through the Merchant Console. You may use the information to send a warm birthday note to those customers and invite them to come back to your store to shop and redeem rewards.